I've been living with someone for a bit less then a month now. It wasn't something I was planning it just sort of happened. All my friends tell me it's about time I made it official since I practically lived here already. My response: it's officially unofficial that I'm living here. It's only temporary I should be back in my apartment in two weeks tops (but I don't believe the construction workers to be honest).
I've missed my apartment on somedays. I've missed being able to go somewhere that belonged to no one but me. I miss making decisions on my own. Tonight after a dinner party at the house we discussed if the finger food should be put in the refrigarator or if we should toss it. This would have been a spur of the moment decision if I was living on my own. Tonight it took about 2 min. to figure it out.
The wierd part? I'm actually enjoying it! I thought that I would miss having alone time and what comes with it. It's been the complete opposite. I've loved waking up and eatting breakfast with someone and telling them my plans and hear theres. I've enjoyed having someone to talk to at the end of the day and tell them what made the day good or bad. I've especially liked the hugs I get when I'm found crying in the living room and the understanding that comes with it. Each night deciding where we're eating dinner and if we stay home what we're going to eat. Cooking dinner has been so much fun and knowing that I can do it becuase someone else will wash the dishes makes life great.
Am I enjoying this becuase I can forget some of my problems? Am I trying to erase the past by concentrating on this? At first I did come here in hope of running away from my recent life events. I must say that it has actually helped face things in a better way. Instead of coming home and wallowing in my sorrows I have to be proactive and do things. I'm not one of those persons that can just sit there and do nothing when I'm being watched. This has helped me get my act together. I'm doing everything that I have to do to get things up and going again.
My only complain? I'm gaining weight again but only because the kitchen is the gathering place in my new home and because I don't have to go to the gym to be near people. The thing is though I don't mind the extra 2 lbs. I've put on because I'm happy and that's something that weighing 130 lbs and being a size 6 can't buy me.
1 comment:
You have nothing if you have nobody to share it with.
Post a Comment