I'm turning 35 in a few months and I find continually asking myself is this what it's come to? I'm not where I thought I'd be at this age.
When I turned 20 I remember laying on the floor crying that I was no longer going to be a teenager. When I turned 25 it was fun and exciting I had been alive for a quarter of a century. Then I turned 30 and it was still so much excitement. Welcome to dirty thirty my friends told me. Thirty is the new twenty my doctor told me. Thirty-one was a tough birthday with all the health issues that I went through. I was an emotional mess. By 33 I was back to wow I've been alive this long, a third of a century this time. Then this summer at the beach someone mentioned that I was going to be middle aged this next birthday. My thought process came to a halt at that moment.
In my twenties I thought that I'd be married and with my 3 kids at this point. I thought that I'd have someone with me to help me through the up and downs. Here I find myself totally not there. Don't get me wrong I love being single and being able to go and do as I please as I want. I love the traveling I can do and the not having to ask anyone if what I want to do is okay. This just isn't what I had planned.
I was on a date last week and let me tell you it wasn't a good date. I was thinking to myself,as he smacked his food and went down his interview questions, can I get past this stage already? It's not that I don't like my life it's just that I feel I've been doing the same thing over and over without a change. How many times can I travel on my own. How many times can I dye my hair some radical color and be called adventurous?I feel that no matter how exciting my life is I've done it all already. I'm ready for my next adventure and it just isn't coming.
I know first world problems right?
No comments:
Post a Comment