Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sexual Harrasment Against the Law

Every day I get sexually harrased by men who think they're actually going to get my attention and get me to go out with them by saying rude and crude comments. Here's an example: Walking to 30th St. Station two weeks ago a man with a velvet running suit stuck his head out of his Caddie and yelled "Nice tits baby". I turned around and cursed him out and let him know what I didn't like about his small anatomy. I won't go into details.
This is a daily occurence where a man thinks he can sexually harrass me. I've learned to flow with the blows. I ingnore them most of the time. I make loud and rude comments some times. If they really get to me I let them have it. The thing is I don't feel satisfied by it. I want something more to happen. I want something to happen to let them know that what they're doing isn't right. Today it finally happened.
I walked out of church crossed the street and put my iPod on. I heard a man yelling so I lowered down the volume. He was letting me know that he liked my 'jiggle'. I was going to ignore it until he let me know "yeah b*#@h I'm right behind you". No matter how strong they are with their harrasment no one has made as uncomfortable as I felt that moment. I looked around to see if I saw a Penn cop. Nothing but I knew they had to be around so I began walking a bit faster as his vulgarity continued. When I turned the block I saw the yellow shirt. Penn Campus cops hallelujah! I let her know the "man behind me is harrasing and yelling at me to the point of making me very uncomfortable." She asked me to stand there with her and let him pass. He took his time but he stopped and got in my face (literally) telling me some awful things. He hadn't noticed her. She was calling the Philadelphia Police only half a block away from us. When he realized what she was he was ready to kill me. She got in between him and told him she and I were just talking. She stalled him long enough for the Philadelphia cops to get there and arrest him. Finally I felt vindicated. A man finally got his for sexually harrasing me. I called all my girlfriends that have had to deal with the same stuff to let them know what had happened. We all had a good laugh.

No comments:

Followers

A Lazy Afternoon....
Journalist Profile

Evone a.k.a velvet-sky
28th May 1989
Gemini
Singapore
underline bold italics


Archives

→ <$BlogArchiveName$>

Links

Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank.

Tag Me

Tag board code here. :)
Approx size of 190px

Layout Information

Designed & Illustration By: velvet-sky
Textures: sanami276
Brushes: 77words


<$BlogItemTitle$>
<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>, <$BlogItemDateTime$>

<$BlogItemBody$>