I've decided to go back to therapy. Those of you that remember two years ago I started going to therapy under the advice of the doctors at the ER. The way the story goes I woke up with a huge panic attack that caused me to lose mobility in all of my limbs, my vision, and caused very labored breathing. After much discussion of my 'issues' and how to deal w/ my lack of anger management I was deemed cured by my therapist.
The events of May started a avalanche of other events that lead me to believe that there were other issues that needed to be fixed. Between things that happened with 'Billy' and my lack of wanting to deal with all kinds of issues I've been drowning lately. My second session lead to a revelation of why I let men walk all over me and knowing the cause will be a help to stopping the problem.
That hasn't been the only thing my insurance has been covering. I don't know if I told you guys about the strep throat episode I went thru about 2-3 wks ago. Strep throat let me tell you sucks. The only thing that hurts more is an ear infection. Fluid in my ear has caused throbbing pain in one and constant popping in the other. Last night I came home and fell asleep at 6. I only woke up to watch Gray's Anatomy with Chris. Then I went back to bed to sleep of the fever I had. Chris I knew was up to something because he kept asking well is this going to affect your hearing and is the medicine your Dr. going to give you help right away. I promised I'd give him a call as soon as the Dr. gave me the answers.
The student Dr. who saw me (a hottie that went by the name of Steve Matta) said he didn't see anything in the ears. The ear wasn't red and that he saw nothing in it either. So what the heck was causing the pain? My Dr. walked in and looked in the ears and said she has translucent fluid in their. He gave me a decongestant for my ears. Sounds crazy but the stuff is crazy strong. So I called Chris and let him know I'm good not contagious not going to die not going to lose my hearing. All he said was good and let me go. Hmmmm...
An hour later he calls me again and says we have to be at the Rascal Flatts concert by 6:30. Left work an hour later and got my ass ready to party it up. So we met there and we weren't even sure about our seats since Chris got them thru a friend. She got us Suite tickets!!!! She got us all the free food we could want!!! She got us all the free drinks we could want!!!! She kept offering martinis that we kept turning down. Oh if only I were a drinker. When Rascal Flatts sang their second to last song What Hurts the Most. I realized something... the song that had been my anthem for a few monhs since May was a great song but I didn't hurt when I heard it. I've gotten over it. This concert was closure to everything. I can now go on with life and be happy with the things that are happening in my life! Imagine that!
No comments:
Post a Comment