Baltimore:
I had to go to a work conference down in Baltimore. I was excited because I have friends that live there so I had made play dates with them. I wasn't excited about the conference itself to be honest. I had a roomie to share the hotel room with but last minute she changed plans so I had this huge room all to myself. I invited my friend Alison to sleep over with me. It was our first sleep over together and it was actually fun. We watched girlie movies together and talked all night until we sort of just fell asleep. The next morning she and I did a lot of touristy things and we did some shopping. We took pictures of everything. Even though she's from the area she's never done the tourist thing it was fun. That night a handful of my friends came over to play. We went to the pool and swam and then we did the hot tub thing of course. They took me to the Little Italy which was tons of fun and very filling.
Girls Night In:
A bunch of the girls from chruch had a sleepover at our Bishop's house. His wife threw it for us which was really sweet of her. She had so much food for us when we got there. She had candy, chips, desserts, and tons of pizza. It took forever for us just to eat because as we sat around the dinner table all we could do was keep talking, I mean we are girls. We then watched movies but mostly everyone sat around gossiping about all kinds of stuff. Of course if you're watching a movie slash gossiping you can't help but eat more. It's needless to say that we were very sugared up and that there wasn't a soul in the house that wasn't giggling. Later on the dancing portion of the night started. The Bishop plays the electric guitar which was a surprise since he seems so straight laced. The night ended with ping-pong and more talking till we all fell asleep in our sleeping bags.
ReUnion:
So Alex told me about how there was a re-union for an old Bishop that we had had in the church. He and his wife were moving to Utah and anyone that still lived in the area was invited to his farewell party. I got to see a lot of old friends from church that I hadn't seen in years and we caught up. Everyone except three of us weren't married. There were kids running all over the house. I was in this parallel universe where kids existed. I hardly see kids in my daily life. It felt wierd. By the end of the party I was ready to shoot someone. Everyone kept asking me where my husband was and I kept politely replying that I wasn't married. I kept getting this wierd look from everyone when I said that. Finally someone gave me the "Oh don't worry you'll get married some day as pretty and smart as you are any man would be lucky to have you." WTF?! Did it seem that I was asking for that? It erked me in such a way that I was glad when we finally left. It seemed like an episode of Sex and the City. I was so glad to get back home to my nice happy comfortable apartment where there weren't any kids running around hitting each other and crying for mommy.
No comments:
Post a Comment