I went into the city today for work. Had to go to a meeting for allocation of funds for the Philadelphia EMA. Tough work and I was tired and feeling like death warmed over when it was done. I headed towards the stores after wards to find a bit of retail therapy. As I was shopping my stomach made a strange noise and I realized it was past 4 and I hadn't eaten lunch yet. I headed into Le'Bus and got a salad.
Headed into Rittenhouse Square to sit down and eat. There was a group of African Drummers playing and it was such a great atmosphere of music and people walking as I ate. It was the things that I miss about living in the city all wrapped into one big bundle of happiness.
As I was eating my phone rang and it was my friend Camille who told me it was probably last minute especially since I didn't live in the city but that our friend Chloe had open dress rehearsal and had invited us to come. I so happened to be a 10 min walk from where the rehearsal was so I walked.
Ballerinas or ballet dancers however you would call them are amazing. There was such beauty in this dancing and fluidity of their bodies. Camille described it best. It's as if they're light as feathers but really strong feathers.

No comments:
Post a Comment