I don't like guns. Never have never well. They tend to generate unhappy feelings when I see one. People seem to want to use them for the wrong reasons. Like Ryan Phillipe I'm not particularly comfortable around guns.
One thing I'm extremely comfortable with is riding on buses. I love going anywhere in them. I like getting on trains to get to appointments. I like public transportation in general. I am in general very careful on how I get from point A to point B. I don't mind paying a little extra to not have to go through a rather bad area in town. I catch a train into the city instead of a trolley so I won't have to go through West Philly. I catch a bus that leaves me at my therapist 30 min early so I don't have to go through 69th St. Why do I do this?
Last week at the 69th St. Terminal an old lady got on the bus. Next to her was sitting that annoying person who not only is talking on the phone so loudly that everyone knows about her baby daddy business but she was being super crude in her conversation. The bus was not leaving soon and it was filling up with parents and their children who were headed home after school. Little old lady got tired of the foul language and having to here this very loud conversation. Little Old Lady got up and moved from her seat but before doing so started yelling at Loud Phone Talker. Loud Phone Talker yelled back to Little Old Lady. The yelling and screaming went back and forth. Little Old Lady got up from her second seat and told Loud Phone Talker "this little old lady well put a bullet in your mouth". At this point the bus full of passengers thought she was just escalating the fight and didn't think she was serious. Then everyone saw the gun. A man with his two kids got between them and told Loud Phone Talker to shut up and asked Little Old Lady to get off the bus. They cops arrested Little Old Lady and Daddy of Two stopped a tragedy from happening.
So this week after therapy I was for sure not catching the bus that stopped at 69th St. but I ended up having to because I was running late for dinner with a friend. I was on high alert. The funny thing everyone on the bus was too. Instead of people being rude to one another and no one paying attention to anything but themselves everyone was being extremely polite. People were offering other people their seats. Passengers were helping mom with kids. It surprised me to see that people are in general kind human beings with a few imperfections that can create situations like last weeks

No comments:
Post a Comment