Set up:
My boss had a dog for 17 years. He loved that dog and from the sounds of it the dog loved him. One day as he was telling me about the dog I asked him where he got such a unique name for the dog.
He tells me that as he traveled into work every morning he would listen to NPR and the journalist of the show he listened to was named Buntzy Ellis-Churchill. He thought she was amazing so yeah you guessed it he named the dog after her.
In 1996 he had the opportunity to meet her and to talk to her. He told her how he listened to her show every day on his way to work and that he loved her name so much that....
"I named my dog after you"
I gasped when he told me that. He asked what? I looked at him and asked what did she say. He says he doesn't know why but she walked away. Sigh, it seems I was the first person to have the guts to tell him you should never tell a person that.
No comments:
Post a Comment