Since I can remember I never told my mom anything about my private life. This was for two reasons... to protect my mom from her very imaginative mind and to protect me from my very imaginative mom. The smallest little thing has my mom concluding the craziest things. I remember once slipping that my best friend's mom said she'd make me a wedding dress if the day ever came that I needed one. Two hours later my brother called me telling me she had called him in a panic saying I was getting married and she didn't even know to who. That day I made sure to not even tell my mom the smallest detail.
As you all know and probably have been a partner in crime to, I have tons of friends come over and/or sleep over my house. My neighbors always raise their eyebrows when they see the ppl that come out of my apt. each morning. Gay men, straight men, lesbians, straight women, black, white, Asian, and Latino I don't discriminate on who can sleep over. My mom has never found out of course. Her mind would take her to me having wild orgies in this apartment.
Since I usually do my own laundry at work if anyone leaves any clothes in my apartment she won't find out. The case usually is that my friends well comb through the apartment to take any piece of evidence that they stayed over with them.
Now I had two guy friends sleep over this laundry cycle. They both took their socks off at some point. They both were wearing white socks with grey bottoms. They both are messy individuals. Messy people are ok with me because I can usually cover my tracks and anyone elses but last night I made a HUGE mistake. I put the first wash in the dryer and the second wash to start running and went to bed. My mom finished my laundry for me this morning when she got in. As she was folding the clothes one single men's sock fell out the wash that had all of my unmentionables. My mom took the sock and didn't say anything but 'this fell out of your wash.'
I looked at the sock evaluated what happened in seconds while never leaving my eyes from hers... and then said 'hmmm ok if it did I guess you should just put it in with the rest of my clothes' and then turned around and continued dictating information to my supervisor.
She just stayed there and stared at me for a good five minutes. Now the stare down is something I'm very knowledgeable about. She used to use the stare down when she knew I was lying to her and when I was little I would finally break down and tell her the truth. The thing is she never changed the tactic and I learned how to stop freaking out about it. I soon learned to just remain calm. She didn't know anything she just had conclusions based on one sock. She finally put the sock away.
So to you my readers I ask... Which one of you idiots took your sock off and left it in my laundry? I think I have it down to two of you but I'm not sure it could have been a number of people so whom ever is missing a sock 'fess up and be aware you owe me BIG. I mean you owe me like a nice shiny gift or a dinner at a nice restaurant. I'm going to have to dodge glances, looks, questions, and sentences that might incriminate me for at least a month. All of that over the small mistake of someone not taking a FREAKING sock with them. Deep breath.... it'll be ok.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
A Lazy Afternoon....
|
|||||||||||
No comments:
Post a Comment