My favorite things about Fall.
I <3>
1. The brilliant reds, oranges, yellows and browns that the leaves change to. It is such a beautiful landscape that these vivid colors create.
2. Although I’m not a fan of cold weather I am a fan of baking. With the heat of the summer disappearing you can suddenly start turning on your oven to bake. It’s also the things that you can find for baking during this season.
3. So the reds and yellows and oranges don’t just remain in the leaves but also in what the trees are bearing. Fall brings fruits like pumpkin (yes it’s a fruit) for pumpkin pies, soup, and muffins. It brings apples for apple pie. Most of the citrus family comes in the fall like oranges, tangerines, and kumquats that can make really good citric vinaigrettes for a salad. Cranberries for cranberry sauce or a cranberry orange crème brulee that is very fall. There are so many other fruits.
4. The smell of the neighbors turning on their fireplaces and burning wood. It’s just such a crisp smell in the air at night.
5. I spoke of the fruits so let’s talk about fall vegetables. Avocadoes come in the fall for a great guacamole. Along with green things is broccoli which is my favorite vegetable. Garlic is another fall vegetable and everything is made so yummy by it. I love Spinach salads I’m not crazy about it when it’s cooked but it’s another great fall vegetable as is Sweet Potatoes. There are so many things you can do with Sweet Potatoes.
6. Halloween is the best holiday ever if you ask me. You get to dress up as anything you want and people don’t look at you weird. The other day I got dressed up in my costume and took public transportation to my destination no one batted an eye. If I had put on that dress wig and Goth make-up any other time of the year there would have been a train full of uncomfortable people. There’s also the candy. I can’t eat a lot of candy anymore but seeing the happy faces on the faces of all those kids is just a great experience.
7. I can bring out my t-shirt jersey bed sheets during this great season. Falling asleep all covered up in soft jersey. Ok let’s be honest just the new warm cozy bedding you start using when fall arrives is a great thing all around.
8. Thanksgiving is the second fall holiday. Who can live without a huge meal like Thanksgiving dinner? It’s just not the food but the chance to stop and think of all the blessings in your life.
No comments:
Post a Comment