Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lent

I grew up in New Orleans. My Southern accent will prove it true. Having lived amongst 'dirty yankees', as a close friend from Georgia calls them, I've lost some of that accent. Every year come Mardi Gras my heart aches in a way that no one can understand. I guess that the reason I'm so colorful is having grown up in such a colorful city that has such colorful rituals such as Mardi Gras. This year I missed it more then I have in a long time. In order to honor my heritage I've decided to do something different. Well, it's not really heritage because even though I grew up there my family isn't from New Orleans and I wasn't born there but you know what I mean.
To honor the Southern in me and the true meaning of Mardi Gras, and I don't mean the partying, I'm going to give something up for Lent.
If you know me you know that I always have a can of diet Coke on my hand. If it's not a can it's a cup full of ice and diet Coke. Of course I know that giving up diet Coke means that I could easily fill the void with another soda, most likely another diet soda (Diet Dr. Pepper comes to mind) so I have to go beyond just giving up diet Coke. For the next 40 days, or less if I'm not succesful at this, I'm giving up soda in general. I'll keep daily updates on how it's going. This sould be interesting! Let's see how much of a soda junkie I truly am.

No comments:

Followers

A Lazy Afternoon....
Journalist Profile

Evone a.k.a velvet-sky
28th May 1989
Gemini
Singapore
underline bold italics


Archives

→ <$BlogArchiveName$>

Links

Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank.

Tag Me

Tag board code here. :)
Approx size of 190px

Layout Information

Designed & Illustration By: velvet-sky
Textures: sanami276
Brushes: 77words


<$BlogItemTitle$>
<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>, <$BlogItemDateTime$>

<$BlogItemBody$>