If you have an addiction to feed you learn ways to feed it. Since I can remember I have had a not so unique addiction to shoes. To me it seems that a huge percentage of the female population has a similar addiction. The older I’ve gotten the finer the taste for my addiction has become. When I first was able to start buying my own shoes I was in high school and most of my shoes came from Payless. In college I was working several jobs and going to school. My taste became a tad more refined. Stores like TJ Maxx and Ross were able to get my attention to buy shoes. When I graduated college and had a real job, you know one not at a supermarket, I finally joined countless other women in what I like to call the Middle Class of shoe stores. You know the stores I mean, Nine West, Aldo’s, Bandolino, and Aerosoles. I thought I had made it to the big times. Then a show called Sex and the City became more prominent in my life. I had been watching the shows for a while now but for the first time I was paying attention I mean really paying attention. Names like Jimmy Choo and Monoloblanc became names that I began to understand. I wanted these shoes like I wanted to be a size 2. It was a life goal that I didn’t think that I could reach but always tried to get to.
Last year shopping I found a beautiful pair of black Jimmy Choo, black leather open back heels that were heaven. They were only $100 due to the one error that Jimmy made. They were a size 6. Not many women out there seem to be a size 6 so that size just isn’t sellable very often. That’s where my addiction feeding comes in. I was blessed with a perfect size 6 foot. I didn’t realize this blessing till recently but I love that blessing. I had reached that unattainable goal finally.
So I wore my shoes twice and I noticed something that scared me. The tip was being eaten as I walked with my shoes. I wore them two more times and then stopped wearing them because the shoe was being eaten alive. I recently took them to a shoe repair store that took me all this time to find. To repair the damage cost me more then the shoe cost. It’s still a deal because the total of the shoe plus the repair is still less then what they would have cost me. I realized something though. You can reach unattainable goal but do you really want to stay there? I bought them but every time I used them I knew I was killing them and fixing them was another expense. Maybe I should be happy with what I have and what I can attain now.
No comments:
Post a Comment