It's day two of my little experiment. Day one was easy because I often go one day without my dearest Diet Coke. 90 % of my Sundays I don't have soda so I can say that I usually go at least one day a week without caffeine. This is day two though and I've never gone this long without soda. The office is what you can my dealer. My boss buys diet Coke just for me. So usually I'm on my own on the weekends to get soda. Saturdays I usually go out to eat or go shopping either activity gives me the opportunity to get soda somewhere. Sundays are the hardest because unless I think ahead of time I can't get soda. Due to religious reasons I don't shop on Sundays so I can't get my 'drug'.
So back to my point. Today is the first time in a long time that I go two days without soda or caffeine. It's tough. Even though I've already downed half a liter of water I feel thirsty and anxious. Being that I work with addicts I know the key of giving one thing up is to fill the void with something better. Sigh now to find a good thing to fill the void of my soda. Denise told me that she gave up soda two weeks ago and that she's filling the void with protein water. How fancy, no? Well fancy or no I'm gonna give it a try. Anything to take away this feeling of being faint when I know I'm nice and full.
1 comment:
You can do it!! Don't give up!! :)
Post a Comment