Every once in awhile I give a shout out to one of the places I frequent. Letting everyone I know know how great the place is. It started with my hair dresser who was Best of Philly 2007. I agreed the magazine since she's my first hair dresser to not complain about me having too much hair.
Today I want to give mad props to City Nails found in Philadelphia on N. 17th St. between JFK and the BFP.
Here's the story on City Nails. When I was going to the gym every day running anywhere between 6-9 miles a day and working like crazy at my soup kitchen you can imagine the feet I had. They were not pretty. My friend Charity was, as she called it, squatting in my apartment for a bit over a month. To show me her gratitude she would take me on 'dates'. One day we were going to go with a large group of friends to see the Phillies play. Before hand we went to get a manicure and pedicure and that day Charity introduced me to City Nails. The place was amazingly clean, I noticed that they used top of the line cleaning agents (same sanitizing machine my boss uses in his dental office), and a super friendly staff. I never went to another place again. In seeing such a great place month in and month out I began to think this was the norm. Until last month.
I moved to my apartment in the fall so I didn't have too many pedicure needs. When the weather started getting warmer and my flip flops became a permanent fixture in my wardrobe I knew it was time for a pedicure/manicure. I didn't have time to go into the city and seeing so many of them near my house in the suburbs I thought I'd just go to one near me. I thought they're all the same aren't they? No they are not ladies! The service was slow the staff was unfriendly with not only the customers but amongst each other. I sat for an hour , my feet in cold water, waiting for a staff member to begin my pedicure. When I finally got the pedicure started it was painful because she was using dull tools and all ten toes began to bleed. She blamed it on my feet being over sensitive. Funny how they had never bled before! And then proceeded to spray my bleeding feet with alcohol( WTF can you say OUCH!). I should also mention that when she was done w/ me and my bleeding feet I saw her 'clean' her tools with the same alcohol she sprayed on me before she used them on the next person.
Today I went to City Nails and experienced what a good pedicure is suppose to feel again. If you are in Philadelphia and need a mani/pedi City Nails. Ask for Anna!
No comments:
Post a Comment