When I was a little girl I was rather unfortunate looking. I had to grow in to a lot of my features. One of those features was my teeth. My mom being poor couldn't afford braces for me and that did me in with a lot of kids. If my looks weren't enough my mother gave me a very unfortunate first name so from 4th grade on I was made fun of for that too. Because bad teeth and a name my mom should have thought of twice before giving it to me weren't enough I then hit puberty. So bad name, bad teeth and then my boobs just popped out of no where. The girls well we know how the fairer of the two sexes can be. P.E. class was a bad scene of Mean Girls every day. The boys who I didn't pay any mind gave it to me as bad because they thought I was being stuck up.
With all of this going on I didn't trust a lot of people. I thought everyone was out to get me. So I went into my little hole and lived there alone. I let very few people in and my true colors didn't come out until months of me trying to figure out if I could trust you.
This started a duel personality. Naturally I think I'm an extrovert. I'm the girl who'll stand on a table at the party and sing top of her lungs and dance. I'm the girl who'll say and who are you and what are you doing here to the newbie. The thing is because I can only trust those around me for long periods of time and so afraid that people well attack me I'm also an introvert. I'm so painfully shy when you throw me in the middle of a crowd of people that I have never met.
Some day I'll be able to let these two personalities just become one and I won't fear people but till then don't be offended if I'm not friendly to you right off the bat. This is the creature that circumstances created.
No comments:
Post a Comment