Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Breathe in the Flowers Blow out the Candles

When I had my first ever panic attack and didn't know that's what was happening I called 911. I thought something was seriously wrong with me. I was told I was having a panic attack when I got to the hospital. The panic attack of course wasn't going to stop happening just because I knew I was having it. 

The female paramedic that was taking care of me was trying to calm me down so as we sat in the emergency room she was helping me try to breathe so I could calm down. She wanted me to breathe in throw my noise breathe it all out through my mouth. She kept repeating in a tone that was suppose to calm me down breathe in the flowers blow out the candles. 

Six years later after that experience I still sometimes get panic attacks. I'll be honest work can get really stressful sometimes. Things can get really hairy and I have to keep track of my emotions. I do love my job and it's a ton of fun and games most of the time. When end of the year reports start coming around that's when things start getting dicey. Today my first huge internal end of year report was due. I was sweating because I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get it done. There I was two laptops typing away. When the stress level was starting to get to me I started my little breathing exercise. 

My co-worker was looking at me as I was doing my little breathing exercise and typing away. She must have thought it was a funny thing to look at. She stood there for awhile and when I finally looked up (while still doing the breathing exercise) she asked me what I was doing. I smiled and said breathing in the flowers blowing out the candles. She gave me a funny look so told her just breathing so I don't go postal. 

At the end of the year when I'm so stressed out I am grateful that I have learned ways to calm down. That small breathing exercise itself was totally worth that whole night I spent in the ER. Well not really buy you know what I mean!

No comments:

Followers

A Lazy Afternoon....
Journalist Profile

Evone a.k.a velvet-sky
28th May 1989
Gemini
Singapore
underline bold italics


Archives

→ <$BlogArchiveName$>

Links

Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank.

Tag Me

Tag board code here. :)
Approx size of 190px

Layout Information

Designed & Illustration By: velvet-sky
Textures: sanami276
Brushes: 77words


<$BlogItemTitle$>
<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>, <$BlogItemDateTime$>

<$BlogItemBody$>