As I was teaching Relief Society one of the ladies had a question and I called her by her name. Now she's in the middle of a pretty bad divorce. I'm not sure of the details more because I don't want to know than because people aren't talking about it. Anyway today she asked that we start calling her by her maiden name again. So when she raised her hand to ask her question I called her by her maiden name. She let out the world's best giggle. What made this giggle so great you ask? Have you ever heard a 50 something year old woman giggle? Yeah it's kinda rare. It wasn't just that it was rare but it was the joy in her face when she did it. It was pretty great.
Tonight I went to a Messiah Sing-a-long. I'm not a great singer but I love hearing the singers. Two of my friends were in the sing-a-long. She was playing the violin and he was in the choir. They asked me if I could take care of the baby for a bit. How can I say no to a baby? Especially one that's only 6 weeks old. They're so cute at that age. So there he was in his little car seat and he was getting fussy. I decided to get him out of his car seat and carry him a bit. As soon as he realized he was coming out he started laughing. It just warmed my heart.
Both of these people's laughs just made my not so great day to a happy one. Maybe laughter is the best medicine.

No comments:
Post a Comment