
Two nights ago I had a dream that I was running through the muddy woods barefoot. This didn't surprise me because I love the feel of my feet on grass or mud. I love to run through forest areas and let the wind hit my face. In the dream I was excited because I was running and I wasn't out of breath. Recently my attempts to run have ended in asthma attacks. I was shocked though as I was running I looked back to see if what I was running away from was catching up to me. I knew two things as I looked back that I was surely running away from someone and that that someone was a male. What surprised me was that I was unsure if I wanted this man to reach me or not. I felt torn between the two decisions to run faster or let him catch me. I woke up from the dream bewildered but I went back to sleep till it was time to get up.
Last night I had another dream. This time I was in the crowded streets of New York City. People were crowded on the side walks and I could see cars and taxis on the streets. I could feel the people surrounding me I could smell their perfumes and colognes and feel their body heat near me. I kept looking around looking for someone in specific but could not see them. I kept running. It wasn't easy to run in this dream. I was wearing 3 inch white pointed toe stiletto heels. The heels weren't what was truly making my run difficult though it was the light blue chiffon dress that I had to keep lifting so it wouldn't get caught on my shoes. Again I felt the same wonderment do I let him catch me or do I keep running.
All my dream interpretation books says that running away from attacker is a sign that I'm avoiding my issues and not taking responsibility for my actions. So it has come to this? After so many years of asking why, the answer is because you've never really truly wanted to. I have to decide if I truly want to do this or if I don't. How come I fear the one thing that I thought I wanted? What are these fears based off of?
No comments:
Post a Comment