I guess it all began Sunday afternoon. My friend M. dropped me of at my Mami's house after church. When her car went into the driveway I saw that both my pseudo-dad's cars were outside. That meant he was home for a change on a Sunday but I wondered if that meant my mom hadn't gone to church? I called out when I opened the back door and pseudo-dad let me know he was downstairs. He was by himself in the house.
I hadn't eaten since it was Fast Sunday at my church which I well confess was one of the things that prompted me to go to my mom's house instead of mine. It was past two and my mom wasn't home from church herself so I called to see where she was. She told me she was on her way to a baptism and wouldn't be getting home till probably 5. That meant that I would have to do some cooking but that was ok because her house had food unlike mine.
I informed pseudo-dad that my mom wasn't coming home soon. He must have seen the look of hunger in my eye because his next question was "have you eaten lunch?" I answered truthfully and he invited me to Bertucii's. Now I'm not suppose to shop or do any of those things on Sunday due to my religion but I was hungry I didn't feel like coming up with a meal plan and I felt staying at my mom's without her there was pointless. I broke down and decided to go.
Lunch lead to shopping. My phone began to vibrate and my big brother was calling me. Big bro and I never talk on the phone on Sundays. Sundays is a phone free zone day for him. I was surprised but not worried. Until he asked where are you? Big brother was in the ER since he sliced his thumb open with an exacto knife. So I went to their place so my sister-in-law could be with him in the ER and I keep an eye on the baby at their place.
So they could get some rest after a very stressful day I was asked to take the baby for the night. No problem I love my niece she and I love taking naps together and I've been baby hungry for so long that I wanted to know what having a baby over night felt like. The kid was out by 6:30 so life was good. Life was not so good when I learned baby girl moans, cries, laughs, and rolls all over the bed like Tia Lupe does. She then proceeded to wake up at 3 and stayed up till 4:30 and woke back up at 7 (2 hours earlier then I roll out of my bed and I got no sleep to boot). Even after all that insanity I still wanted a baby, but no marriage no baby.
I got home from work today exhausted. I decided that instead of killing myself cleaning some more that I would get some sleep. So I went to Netflix as I lay in bed and saw what was playing instantly. Julie and Julia was on the list so I hit the play button. As I read the book I realized that Julia Childs had infertility issues. She couldn't have children. There is this beautiful scene that drove me to tears. Julia finds out that her sister who married at an older age like Julia was pregnant. Julia starts crying because she can't have children. I lost it. This stupid PCOS has me wondering if I'll be able to have children some day. The worst part is that I won't be able to know until I start trying and since there is no one to try with aka a husband I won't know anytime soon.
We shall see what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment