George Michael's song Freedom is a great song to work out to. I've always had it on my iPod so when I go to the gym and I can run my little heart out. The song has a great beat to run to which is part of the reason why I love it. The other part is the anger that he has as he sings about his life in fame. The feeling that he is bitter about all the things that were handed to him just for his having a pretty face and all the things people thought that he should be. There's the I hate being pretty feeling to the song that I love too. At the same time that I'm getting energy from his anger I find energy out of the anger I start feeling that oh boo hoo you had to be a pretty boy to become rich and famous.
Growing up I was a skinny girl with let's be honest rather large breast. I was pretty, I'm not being my own horn but being honest. Pretty skinny and large chest equals to a lot of attention from boys in school. To me because this had always happened I thought it was normal. I never knew that not all girls get persistent attention from the other sex. I didn't realize that some girls were just constantly ignored. I lived in my bubble till about the age of 30.
Thirty came and I was thrown for a loop. I became a big girl due to my uncontrolled sugar levels due to my glucose intolerance thanks to my PCOS. Things quickly became different. At first I didn't notice it. One less man telling me "hey baby nice ____" was less headache for me. It became evident when I was getting less dates that something was up and when I didn't even get a hello when I was working with a male I knew something had changed. I didn't mind it. Being ignored was a nice change from being noticed at times.
So here I am 30 lbs lighter back to my normal body and the attention has started up again. From being asked out on dates to being told looking nice by a random guy as I walk down NYC streets I'm getting attention. Suddenly I understand what George Michael was singing about. Now I understand his anger. What I wear (which is nice clothes) and what I look like are not what make me it's my inner spirit that does yet it seems sometimes that that's not what our society judges us by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
A Lazy Afternoon....
|
|||||||||||

No comments:
Post a Comment