The diagnosis to my PCOS started with me worrying about the asthma attacks I kept getting when I rode my bike. It constantly felt like I was going up hill on my bike even when I was going downhill. I had gotten a new bike. It was this amazing Schwinn made specifically for women which was just a nice way of saying they cushioned it up and made it pretty to market it to women. I had saved up for months to buy this bike and by by 5th ride in I couldn't ride it anymore.
I like riding bikes as exercise more than running for various reasons. First you get on the bike you pedal it goes and you're exercising while sitting down. It doesn't create as much damage on your knees as running on pavement does. There's also the fact that you cover so much more ground on a bike than you do on your feet.
So I had this brand new bike that I could count on my hands how many times I ridden it. I couldn't ride it anymore because I was so out of shape due to my PCOS that I was having these asthma attacks. For a year it just stayed in storage in my basement. Poor bike. I hated every time I saw it knowing that I had spent money on this bike and I had barely used it. I tried ever so often to get on it and ride it but same thing would happen I'd have an asthma attack. It recently got put in the garage at my mom's house and it stayed there. It wouldn't have moved from there unless my boss decided he need to clean out the garage.
He needed to move the bike so he starts rolling it out of the way. I saw him stop look at the bike, play with the wheels, play with the breaks and then he says "the breaks don't work on your bike". I turned and gave him a what do you mean look. He explained that the back wheel should just roll but it isn't. He says that it needs to be fixed.
So this whole time I thought I was out of shape it wasn't me it was the bike didn't work? I was really mad that I was so out of shape but it wasn't me it was the bike. I am also grateful that thinking something was wrong with me I went to the doctor. The doctor found something was wrong and I am getting help for it so maybe I should be grateful.

No comments:
Post a Comment