Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Things not to say to: A cop

Things not to say to: a cop: "If you have a problem call the cops then"
Let's back up 2 years ago to begin this story. I had been living in my apartment for a year at this point and I had few if any complaints about my neighbors. My next door neighbors were a cop and his wife a hairdresser with two of their six kids still living at home. I live in an old Victorian home made into 4 apartments. The people living in the building weren't my best friends but I had no real complaints. 
One Saturday morning I woke up at 7a.m. because one  of the other tenants in the building was playing her music so loudly that not only could I hear it in my apartment but it was shaking some of the paintings on my wall. I went to her apartment to knock the door and she refused to open it. I wen back to apartment and she was still playing her music so I started banging on our adjoining wall. She started cursing. I got up wrote a nasty gram and left it at her door grabbed my stuff and went to sleep at my mom's. A few days later she left me a 4 page letter telling me I thought I was a princess and how I was rude and then threatened me. My landlord/boss told me to let it go and there began a 2 year spiteful relationship between the two of us. 
She had loud parties for sports games, invited her friends and had loud parties at 2 or 3 in the morning, and of course continued the loud music playing. I spent less and less time at home. At first I thought maybe it was just me that had issues with her but one day this summer as I was weeding out the garden the neighbors came up to me and began to complain about loud neighbor. Nothing could be done since my landlord/boss saw no issues with it really. 
Cue in two months ago. I'm dead asleep and I get woken up by the loud screaming of a woman. I'm scared and confused while I hear the screaming and the fighting going outside of my bedroom window. I realize loud neighbor lady and her live in girlfriend are having a fight. It seems from the screaming that their has been some major domestic violence going on for months and I wasn't even aware of it. Then it got really scary the girlfriend started yelling for help. I was so tired and still in that just woke up stupor that I couldn't find my phone couldn't figure out how to take off my mouth guard and by the time that I could figure it out the live in girlfriend had gotten in her car and drove off. I e-mailed my landlord/boss to let him know and to complain. The neighbors later told me they saw the whole thing.
My landlord/boss got his people to look into loud neighbor girl and a few interesting things popped up. Seems loud neighbor lady hadn't paid rent in MONTHS. Seems the neighbors had called the cops on her a few times already and so began trying to evict her but it wasn't going to be an easy process. I had to put up with her for a few months. Then last month it just seemed that my boss had lost the will to evict her. Meanwhile it was just getting louder and louder later and later in the night. 
I spent Christmas weekend at my mom and boss' house and had a great time. The thing about spending so much time with a parent is that it's hard not to get annoyed so Christmas night after dinner I asked my boss to drive me home. Went to sleep as soon as I got home I was so tired. 2:30 a.m. I got woken up by car doors slamming and loud neighbor lady and about 16 of her closest friends coming in and out of her apartment. Half of them where in the building and the other half were in the driveway. 
Here's where the title comes in. So the half that was out in the driveway was really loud screaming obscenities at one another. I hear someone say something softly which sounded like a request for the noise to go down. I hear someone say: "If you have a problem call the cops then".
I hear the reply "I am the cops" and then some mumbling from the person who said that. I popped out of my bed and giggled. Oh they stepped on it not realizing the neighbor was a cop. I silently thanked cop neighbor and went back to sleep thinking just another day of lousy neighbors and that it wouldn't lead to anything. 
The next day I woke up and went out to eat breakfast with my mom and my boss and just had a lazy day at their house. My boss took me out to dinner ( a story about that will follow) and during dinner I told him about the neighbor talking to loud neighbor girl's loud friends. He didn't look surprised but he didn't seem happy either. We got in the car full of my Christmas presents and he brought me home. He got out of the car with me and I thought it was to help me take my stuff in but when I open the back of the SUV I don't see him anywhere. I put my things in my house and then I hear HIS voice screaming oh oh. So it seems cop neighbor told my boss/landlord about the whole I am the cops incident and my telling him confirmed what he was afraid of that the noise had woken me up. So he rang loud neighbor girl's doorbell and informed her that she had two choices leave by the end of the month and the fact she doesn't pay her rent will be kept a secret or if she wanted to cause a problem she'd be evicted and our County would inform anyone she tried to rent from that she doesn't pay her rent. So moral of the story if you want to be loud just fine just don't tell the cops to call himself when he asks you to keep it down, he'll call your landlord and inform the whole County on yo' hot mess. 

No comments:

Followers

A Lazy Afternoon....
Journalist Profile

Evone a.k.a velvet-sky
28th May 1989
Gemini
Singapore
underline bold italics


Archives

→ <$BlogArchiveName$>

Links

Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank.

Tag Me

Tag board code here. :)
Approx size of 190px

Layout Information

Designed & Illustration By: velvet-sky
Textures: sanami276
Brushes: 77words


<$BlogItemTitle$>
<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>, <$BlogItemDateTime$>

<$BlogItemBody$>