Monday, February 26, 2007

Excercise releases endorphines, endorphines make you happy, happy ppl don't kill their husbands, they just don't!

Today was my first day back at the gym since probably early December. I just haven't been able to pull myself to go. Between the depression that I was going through and the busy schedule I keep the gym just wasn't an option. Today due to snow I had to close work so I had some free time in my hands. I decided to run some errands for work and myself. Some of those errands were going to take me a half block from the gym. I ended up packing my gym clothes and then heading out. I ran on the tread mill for half an hour. I could tell I was out of shape. I easily found myself out of breath. I was sweating which isn't something that I usually do and then I found myself dying of thirst. I can usually wrong 6 miles before I find that I have to drink water, today half a mile in I found myself looking for the bottle water.
There was another change too. I used to run to 'happy' music to get me going. As an example I have Mananamma by the Muppets in my iPod to run to. Today music like that was slowing me down. I found that Linkin Park and and Staind were more my musical taste in order to run. I found that I had to find my negative energy to keep up my pace. Now yesterday I was told that I've been acting bubbly so I thought it strange that I had to find negative energy in order to run. Maybe I'm learning to use that negative energy in a positive way.
I must say that even though I got home feeling tired I felt great. The negative things in my life didnt bother me afterwards. Excercise and anti-depressants are my two best-friends! Lets hope that I can lose some of this weight that I gained while I've been sitting on my butt. My next big adventure is my annual check-up by my favorite Dr. Todd Vladyka. Here's to hoping I have good blood pressure and low cholesterol. I'll let you guys know about that as soon as it happens.

No comments:

Followers

A Lazy Afternoon....
Journalist Profile

Evone a.k.a velvet-sky
28th May 1989
Gemini
Singapore
underline bold italics


Archives

→ <$BlogArchiveName$>

Links

Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank.

Tag Me

Tag board code here. :)
Approx size of 190px

Layout Information

Designed & Illustration By: velvet-sky
Textures: sanami276
Brushes: 77words


<$BlogItemTitle$>
<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>, <$BlogItemDateTime$>

<$BlogItemBody$>