So a friend commented on my blog asking me if I'm still off the juice errr soda. A few people have asked me in day to day conversation and my favorite was when a co-workers girlfriend incredulous reaction when I passed on the soda at a work function. She blatantly told me to my face that she didn't think I was going to go this long without it. The answer is I'm still off the juice errr soda.
So the reason I haven't blogged about it is because it has gotten easier to not drink it. It hasn't even bothered me to see other people drink it like it did at first. There's a two liter bottle of generic Sprite in my fridge from my birthday party and it's just not calling to me.
I think what helped was a talk I had with my sister-in-law about the reasons that Catholics gave something up for Lent. She explained that it was a type of fast a giving up something for the Lord. A sacrifice of sorts. Seeing it that way helped. She explained that on St. Patrick's people were allowed to have the thing they gave up for that day. I really didn't feel the need to have any for St Patty's though.
There is a story that my brother and mom tell of when I was three and I had the measles. Or was it the chicken pox? My mom says that it had gotten pretty bad. I had no energy and was just lying in bed by day 3. She was really worried because I was breaking out not only outside on my skin but there were pox (measles) in my mouth and throat. I'm guessing it hurt for me to even eat because she says that I refused to eat anything and when I did try t eat I would just cry. By day five she was in a panic. I hadn't eaten anything for days I was barely having awake moments and I had a fever at this point. My brother asked me if I wanted something when I finally woke up and opened my eyes. We all laugh because all I said was Pepsi. The family all ran to go buy some and to help me sit up and drink it. Since that day every time that I'm extremely ill or not feeling even 50% they give me soda. Today I've been really sick. My PCOS has caused a 6 month period of amenorrhea and my endo gave me meds to fix that. So I've been extremely hormonal and having the worst cramps I've had since I was a teenager. I've been laying in bed going in and out of sleep and when I'm awake reading my e-mail or my books. My brother brought me a diet Coke and I drank it because I was feeling that ill. I thought that it would be the magic fix and that I was going to love the way it tasted. I've gone 3 weeks without so I should have been happy to have my old drug. It tasted so gross to me. I hated not only the taste but also the after taste. Maybe I'm cured? I didn't want more and it didn't make me happy. I'll chalk that can as the one soda I could have had on St Patty's. As for now I've got 3 more weeks till I'm there. Easter here we go!
No comments:
Post a Comment