I was a Vegetarian for almost 3 years of my life. For those almost 3 years every day that I saw my mother she would put meat in my plate. I would kindly explain that I didn't eat meat and she would explain how beef was okay. Each and every time I would be exhausted or end up in tears not knowing why my mom didn't understand.
Recently I was diagnosed with PCOS with a glucose intolerance. Basic translation is I can't have sweets, carbs or anything that is going to turn to sugar when my body digests it. Suddenly my mom was all about feeding me potatoes and corn two vegetables (if you can call them that) that I can't have. I've explained each time she gives it to me I can't have them. I've explained that the sugar isn't good for my PCOS and that because of my Metformin I literally get ill.
When I made the goal to lose weight when I was in a wedding party where the bride called herself fat b/c she was a size 6 compared to her sister a size 2 and her future sister in laws both size 0. I went to the gym every day for up to 3 hrs. I was on a serious diet. 5 meals a day only 300 calories per meal only one soda a day. What would mom do? She'd add stuff to meals that were not on my approved list of foods to eat. If I made my own meals when I would turn around she'd add stuff to it. Her excuse was that she wanted my food to taste better.
So obviously knowing that my mom likes to sabataoge my healthy eatting habits I have not told her about my go off of the soda. She figured it out yesterday. So today when she was making the meals for everyone at the office she served my lunch with a big can of soda. Each time my co-workers and I switched around the drinks so I could get a bottle of water she'd change the bottle back to the middle of the table and put the can of ginger ale next to my plate.
Crazy woman! Gotta love her for trying to keep me happy or what she thinks should make me happy.
2 comments:
Are you still holding out without soda?
Lisa I am! I have to blog about that soon. Hmmm maybe in the 18 minutes before DH.
Post a Comment