Monday, March 02, 2009

Change of Routine

Today was my full day at work off of the 'juice' errr soda. It was really weird to be off of it while doing a full day of work. I noticed that my daily routine changed. In order to get a soda I had to go to the basement of the office. The first thing I always did every morning was go to the basement to get supplies for the office and then grab my soda before going to my desk to start checking my e-mail before getting to the pile of files of patients. It seems that every excuse (reason) that I found to go to the basement was on the side of the basement we keep the fridge with the sodas. It even worked out that the washer and dryer in the office (I do my laundry at work) were next to the soda fridge.
Today I knew that I had to stay out of the basement as much as I could. Maybe the two hour delay, that I gave myself, into the office helped a bit but today instead of going to the basement I went into the kitchen got some fruit and a cup of water and headed to the 'dining room'. I sat down to eat and took my time with the fruit and water. The time frame of eatting gave me enough time to settle into being at work. I think that's what going to the basement for my first soda of the day was about. I had to settle into my work routine and getting a soda was my way of doing it without being noticed. Maybe that's something I have to find a way to get me to settle into the work routine without the soda.
Another thing that I noticed was that without the soda I wasn't eatting so much. I suffer from panic attacks and obviously caffeine isn't good for panic attacks. I noticed that I would get jittery often while drinking my diet Coke. In order to settle the jitters I'd eat more often. Besides the fruit I didn't eat that much today. I forgot about lunch until 4.
I was also more productive. Each time that I had to go to the basement I didn't automatically go to just the one section of the basement to look for things. Being that it's the smallest part of the basement of course I never found anything when looking for things. Knowing that I was trying to stay away from that section when looking for paintings for an art show my agency is sponsoring I went to the larger part of the basement first. I eventually went to the appliance area but it was a quick roam not a slow diddle daddle visit.
I'm seeing good things coming out of this change. Hopefully they'll keep coming

No comments:

Followers

A Lazy Afternoon....
Journalist Profile

Evone a.k.a velvet-sky
28th May 1989
Gemini
Singapore
underline bold italics


Archives

→ <$BlogArchiveName$>

Links

Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank.

Tag Me

Tag board code here. :)
Approx size of 190px

Layout Information

Designed & Illustration By: velvet-sky
Textures: sanami276
Brushes: 77words


<$BlogItemTitle$>
<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>, <$BlogItemDateTime$>

<$BlogItemBody$>