Thursday, June 17, 2010

Janet Jackson sang it best...

Control
I'm lying down on my couch for what may be the last time ever. As I lay here and type away I think of how I lost control of this re-decorating project. I'm not ungrateful of having new furniture but for someone who has to be in control and has a hard time with change this is difficult. 
Today my day consisted of a trip to visit my JAP and then my hair dresser. When I got back to the office it was night time and the only people at the office were my family. Moo was running around the backyard with her parents chasing after and Howell sitting in the patio looking on. I put down my bags and went in to get dinner and sat down next to him in the patio to eat. 
"Are you going to be around tomorrow?" This question usually means there's a boat load of paper work he doesn't want to deal with so I have to work on it. So I told him that I was going to be at a meeting with the OHP. From the look on his face I saw that I misunderstood him. 
"Are you going to be around your place tomorrow? I have to get the couch out by tomorrow," he clarified. Now this is a different story. There was going to be movement in my house and he wanted to know if I was going to let him in or if as my landlord he had to give me the 24 hr notice that he was going in. I informed him that I would be around till the afternoon when I had to be at the OHP. 
"What time do you get up?" Now this my friends is a loaded question because all the construction workers hate that no matter how late they think they're coming in they wake me up. I'm a night owl so I sleep in late but my work hours are different than there's so they can kiss it when they judge and they do judge. They make snide remarks about it all the time. 
I told him I wake up btwn the hours of 9 and 9:30 and get dressed in five minutes. So he said he'd be here btwn the hours of 9:30 and 10 to get the couch out and send the love seat over to Shushana's. Saturday we were going to "The Dump" (I really hate the name of that store) to pick out my new living room set.
I have been the owner of this couch for 21 months. I have slept, napped, watched TV, done work, ate, cried, cuddled and all other things on this couch for over a decade now. This couch before it kept residence in my home kept residence in Howell's house in Merion since before I knew him. When I started working in the agency and spending time at his house this couch is where I lived. This couch has been part of my life for a long time and just like that I was told he was going to give it away. Now I thought I was going to have a bit before it was given away but I was given 12 hr notice it was leaving my life today.. I'm having a hard time with this change but at the same time excited about it. I hope my new couch is as loving and kind to me as the one I'm laying on right now. Be good to your next owner my dear friend.

No comments:

Followers

A Lazy Afternoon....
Journalist Profile

Evone a.k.a velvet-sky
28th May 1989
Gemini
Singapore
underline bold italics


Archives

→ <$BlogArchiveName$>

Links

Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank.

Tag Me

Tag board code here. :)
Approx size of 190px

Layout Information

Designed & Illustration By: velvet-sky
Textures: sanami276
Brushes: 77words


<$BlogItemTitle$>
<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>, <$BlogItemDateTime$>

<$BlogItemBody$>