Monday, June 14, 2010

Once you start you can't stop

Or what's the other saying when it rains it pours. My place looks like a hurricane hit it. Hurricane Howell did in fact hit it.
The boss man greeted me with a huge smile when I came to visit him and my mom after church today. I always visit them on Sunday when I'm done with church. I go from church meetings to their house to hang out with them in a  non stress related (work) mode. I usually get there before my mom gets there from her branch. I raid the fridge and pig out,go walk around the gardens or just hang out with the boss man. When mom gets there she cooks for all of or sometimes we're bad Mormons and we break the Sabbath and the boss man takes us out to eat.
But back to my story. The boss man greeted me with a huge smile on his face. I have good news his face told me. He smiled and said Lupe you look beautiful today. So the news was big news. Yes I did in fact look beautiful with my white skirt with red anchors, 4in stilettos, and red scarf but he always sees me dressed up and only tells me I look nice when he's in a great mood.
He pulled me aside because he had one of his workers there and told me we had gotten a grant that he had written for. Four inch stilettos or not I jumped for joy. Then he told me he had something to show me in the car. There was the bottom part of an old singer sewing machine like seen in the picture in his car. I've always loved those old singer machines. They are such a piece of art for me. I gasped. Then he showed me the top which was a gray and white marble piece that went on it. I gasped again. I had to get my inhaler out after he told me it was for me.
We took it to my place soon after and he put it in my living room where it doesn't fit at the moment. Then the man started walking around my house. After giving it the once over he sat down on his piano and played Maria. I sat down and waited. The man only plays Maria when he is thinking happy thoughts. The man is only happy when rearranging something. I waited.
These are the words that announced Hurricane Howell had flown in:
The cats tore into the love seat so we can either get a whole new living room set or just get a neutral colored love seat. I really like the pull out bed  so we'll just a love seat for that area. Then I think we'll put the Singer table I got where the end table is put the lamp back up. We'll put the end table on this end. You need an AC here because one AC won't do so you'll have to figure out where to put these books. I'll help with the painting of the dining room I like the yellow you picked out. You need an organizer in the bedroom so the two baskets where you keep your clothes aren't taking so much space.
He proceeded to move things around to see what it would look like. Hurricane Howell hit and it well take a few months before re-decorating is complete. I should have known this was coming when he got me a new table.

No comments:

Followers

A Lazy Afternoon....
Journalist Profile

Evone a.k.a velvet-sky
28th May 1989
Gemini
Singapore
underline bold italics


Archives

→ <$BlogArchiveName$>

Links

Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank.

Tag Me

Tag board code here. :)
Approx size of 190px

Layout Information

Designed & Illustration By: velvet-sky
Textures: sanami276
Brushes: 77words


<$BlogItemTitle$>
<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>, <$BlogItemDateTime$>

<$BlogItemBody$>