Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Melted Butter

Does it sometimes feel like things are just sliding out of control? You make plans and in your head those plans are going to eventually happen but in a time frame that you feel comfortable in. Then things just start happening way faster than your brain can handle and things just get out of your control. That's how I feel with project let's redecorate Lupe's place. 
I walked into the office and it looked like the commanding center for a full out war. The energy was felt throughout the office. Howell's son was in town and sitting down doing work on his computer. My brother was moving around getting paper work done. Howell was looking for the blueprints for the house Nelson is moving into. I thought he's focusing on Nelson's stuff my apartment well be ignored for a bit. I can focus on painting the dining area and in a few months the other stuff well happen nice and slow a pace I can handle. 
Howell stopped as he noticed the can of paint I brought in to show him the color, called melted butter. It's a beautiful soft yellow. He looked at it said he liked it and walked away. Things were going to go well, slow and steady at a pace I could handle. 
Later on Nelson said get in the car we're going to Costco. I never say no to a Costco trip but why were we going on a Monday and not only any Monday the Monday before payday when everyone's bank account is low? Nelson informed me we were getting a new air conditioner for Howell's room I gave Nelson a sideway glance as I thought ohoh. 
"Just for his room?" I asked.
Nelson smirked and said, "no we're getting the new one for your house too."
We got both air conditioners at Costco and a few other things and then headed back to base camp. Howell told us to sit down he wanted to discuss something with us. I felt my control slip away from my hands with that phrase. Here I start as with my last blog what he said without stopping to breath:
" We got the air conditioner for your house. I'm going to have Oscar (one of his construction workers) come in tomorrow to your place to put it in. Since you got the paint you can start setting up to paint but I'll get Marcos (his best painter) to come in and help you do it in a couple of days. I told Rick (his cement guy) I'd give him your pull out couch and we can throw the love seat away (Shushana is going to take it and reupholster it for her place). Then next week we'll go to the Dump and buy you something new (what happened to our Ikea plan?). ... he continued telling me plans for construction in the new place etc etc. This is not a nice and easy slow pace... I should have known this was coming when he got me a new table.
 

No comments:

Followers

A Lazy Afternoon....
Journalist Profile

Evone a.k.a velvet-sky
28th May 1989
Gemini
Singapore
underline bold italics


Archives

→ <$BlogArchiveName$>

Links

Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank.

Tag Me

Tag board code here. :)
Approx size of 190px

Layout Information

Designed & Illustration By: velvet-sky
Textures: sanami276
Brushes: 77words


<$BlogItemTitle$>
<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>, <$BlogItemDateTime$>

<$BlogItemBody$>