December 12, 2005
Airports:
I was flipping through channels and stopped on HBO showing Love Actually. At the end Hugh Grant has a monologue about airports and kissing. That got me thinking and it dawned on me the last three guys I've kissed have kissed me in the airport at least once.
It all started with Bill. His real name is not Bill but I've always thought he looks like a Bill. When I used to have dreams of him I called him Bill. Bill and I have been friends for a long time and at some point we became kissing friends. Bill was visiting town and I went to hang out with him for a bit and we ended up kissing. My one day visit ended up being a three day visit with him. I dropped him off at the airport when he left and I found myself kissing him right there. I've never been a PDA person but for some reason I was all about it that day. Our good-bye kiss was full of lust and confusion. It was the best last kiss I ever gave some one.
Then there was Ken. This is his real name. Ken and I were co-workers for four years before we started dating. he was a great marriage candidate in writing. Ken was a doctor and was in the reserves for the Air Force. I soon realized that even though he was 12 years older then me I was more mature. Ken got called to Iraq. I still have the clipping of us kissing good-bye. This too was a last kiss. I think both Ken and I realized that we were mutually breaking up that day as he got on that plane to Iraq. Soon after someone told me he had gotten a girl in his team pregnant. I was happy for them!
Joe has also gotten an airport kiss. Joe has gotten several airport kisses. He's the only one that hasn't been a last kiss. These kisses are filled with whatever emotion we're feeling that day. Once we were angry at each other and the kiss was filled with resentment. When he left to school I was estatic for him but he was nervous making it an awkward kiss. The last airport kiss was a sweet and gentle kiss since we knew that we would be seeing each other very soon.
I've come to realize in my 13 years of kissing that kisses are like people each one is unique. There have been kisses that I have forgotten and there are kisses that are forever in my memory. My first kiss is a pefect example of kisses I shan't foget. I can remember my first kiss with every guy I've kissed. Someone once asked me if that wasn't a lot of kisses to remember. I responded that kisses are like friends you can never have enough of them and I'm a friendly person. I hope that someday I can be eternally monogomous in my kissing but until then I will continue filling my memories with moments and feeling evoked by someone kissing me.
Update:
I hate airports but most of all I hate Amtrak and Amtrak stations. How did this happen? You can blame it on Bill. Let's remember that Bill isn't his real name but now a days I'm not even calling him Bill I call him Voldermort (he who won't be mentioned). Our last kiss was a good night kiss and also a good-bye kiss. It was in my home but the reason I made it a good bye kiss was for all the things he did to me while on an Amtrak tain. I saw him to the airport but only because I believed it to be the polite thing to do. Neither of us attempted a kiss there. I didn't do it because I felt I'd throw up if I did kiss him. It is sad that such a long friendship would come to such a screeching halt but that is life. Some day I will be able to have completly forgiven Voldermort but for now I believe that the further away we are from one another and the least amount of contact the better. So there comes the end of Airport kissing for me
No comments:
Post a Comment