Everytime that you leave someone behind you're told that you need to create new memories where you have old memories with that person. I recenlty let go of someone who meant a lot in my life. The thing is everything had memories so how do you create new memories out of everything? I started by getting rid of anything that brought strong emotions. Then everytime something brought a memory I put on my list of places or things I needed to make a new memory with.
Last night I was invited to go to the Mann Center and since I had an old strong memory of this person there I jumped on the opportunity to create new memories. For those of you not from Philly the Mann Center is an Open Theater for the Arts. The really good seats and the stage are the only thing that have a roof and the only walls are those on the stage. It's only open in the Summer but it's a fun place to go. Having memories of when I used to have a crush on Valdemort (this will be his name from hence forth b/c he is he that will not be mentioned) at the Mann I knew it was important to make new memories there. Last night was amazing! I heard two concerti one by Brahams and the other by Bethoven. Looking at the booklet we saw that tonight they were going to have a Buggs Bunny musical and we all knew we wanted to go!
This is where all the knew memories began. Thursday night was amazing and I had memories of going with friends and pretending to be fashion police but tonight was something to erase anything off of the map. We ate dinner in the picnic area of the Mann and then snuck to the $80 seats when we bought tickets for the $30 seats... sneaky we are. They began playing classics from Bugs Bunny but not the cartoons yet and then I felt it, I can never forget it... PLOP right on my head. I looked up to figure out where the drop of water came from but there was pressure on my head this wasn't a rain drop... I didn't dare touch my hair.
"Kevin? I just got shit on didn't I?"
Kevin's reply "Yup," as he surpressed a laugh.
"Tissue?"
"Just go to the bathroom and clean it up," this time he did laugh.
I just took my mirror and my emergency Kleenex out and cleaned my hair I didn't want to miss any of the concert. When I was done cleaning up I concentrated on the concert. Then I heard the PLOP again but this time I didn't feel anything drop on me. I turned to look at Kevin with a smile on my face but Kevin wasn't smiling back.
"Ok that's it I'm moving," I announced as I got up from my seat. Everyone laughed but everyone followed as I got us better seats in the center of the theater.
Watching Bugs Bunny on the big screen as the music was played by a live Orchestra was amazing. Eating on the lawn an hour before the concert was great. The fireworks that they had afterwards were spectacular! But how many people do you know that can say they got shit on at the Orchestra? Well besides the couple that took our seats afterwards. New memories I think I did a good job!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
A Lazy Afternoon....
|
|||||||||||
No comments:
Post a Comment