Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Flat is Better

November 06 2005
Yeah I know what all you dirty minds are thinking but that's not what I was talking about!
SEPTA (Phillies public trans.) is on strike again. I have a bike but I haven't ridden since high school and I never rode in a big city before. I almost got killed on the way home Friday. I was going downhill on the bike going too fast. A car tapped me bad, if he hadn't breaked and I hadn't breaked when we did I would not be alive. I called my boss crying and scared, he told me to come to his house.
I'm staying at his house until the stirke is over.
The phone rang I turned over it wasn't on the night stand. I picked up the pillows and found the phone. It was only 10:30. I picked up but I was not happy. When I had done with the conversation I put on my pajamas and left the room. I felt myself still shaky from the day before.
"Morning!" Howell said.
"I'm not a morning person sorry someone woke me up!" I yawned. I looked into the pantry and decided to make pancakes.
"Do you want chocolate chip pancakes?'
"Farina" I didn't want Farina but I wasn't going to make two breakfasts.
"Left over Challah should I make Challah french toast," I yawned again.
"with the Farina should be good," Howell looked at me. I knew that he noticed that I was a mess and that I was still shocken up from the night before.
Within ten minutes the two of us had made breakfast and set the table. We both read the newspaper as we ate breakfast we often commented on our articles and made several grunts to one another.
We cleaned up when we were done breakfast and as quick as we made it we cleaned up after ourselves. I'm going to finish wrapping the Christmas presents would you be offended if I did the yard today?"
"No,'" he answered walking to his office,
I cried to myself as I wrapped gifts. I hit the shower when the last of the 50 gifts for my clients was packed. Instead of showering and getting dressed, I showered and put my gym clothes on. The rest of the day I raked I plowed picked every leaf out of the 1 acre house. Suddenly I realized I was happy I was tired and mosst of all my frustrations were gone, as I packed the five 40 gallon bag of leaves.
It was 5 hrs of hard work later when I walked in to my new glass home. As I went to my room to change Howell came back in from a long day of trying to find peopwl to invest money in our agency.
"Dinner?"
"I was about to change and rummage for it!" I headed to the wing with the rooms.
When I came back out I was told to get my coat we were to eat dinner out. I realized how a hard days work had made me tired and able to forget my near death experience. I was happy again.

No comments:

Followers

A Lazy Afternoon....
Journalist Profile

Evone a.k.a velvet-sky
28th May 1989
Gemini
Singapore
underline bold italics


Archives

→ <$BlogArchiveName$>

Links

Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank.

Tag Me

Tag board code here. :)
Approx size of 190px

Layout Information

Designed & Illustration By: velvet-sky
Textures: sanami276
Brushes: 77words


<$BlogItemTitle$>
<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>, <$BlogItemDateTime$>

<$BlogItemBody$>