Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Good News is I'm not Pregnant

February 17
I've been seeing the same Dr. for five years. He's one of the longest relationships I've been in. He's a great Dr. and I actually enjoy when I go see him. Here's a sentence you've probably never heard before: I have fun when I go see my doctor. Dr. Vladyka and I had a rocky begining but now we're like old friends.
Yesterday I made an emergency appointment with him. It usually takes a week to get an appointment with him but he squeezed me in so I could see him an hour after I called.
"That's a great color combination," he said pointing at my gym clothes. Oh I forgot to mentionTodd Vladyka, DO a man of Russian descent and a great sense of style is also gay.
"Thanks, I like to call this ensemble my gym clothes," I smiled at him.
"You're going to the gym?"
"Like my new religion," I giggled at him.
"You don't look sick and you're a month early for your annual check-up," he looked at my medical chart.
I began explaining to him the reason that I was in to see him. He looked at me and listened and shook his head at the right moments. My hands were trembling as I spoke to him and I fought for my voice not to crack. The emotions of a week had been building up and threatening to escape from me.
"Are you pregnant?" he asked when I finally finished speaking.
I laughed as I told him, " you need to check that chart that you're holding."
"Yes I remember but it could be a possiblity," he explained to me.
"I thought you'd want me to take a pregnancy test but I just had to protest otherwise it wouldn't be me," I sighed.
"Yes that's in my chart too," he thumbed through it and winked at me.
"Give me the cup,"I reached my hand towards him as he went into the cupboard to take the specimen cup out.
"Do you remember where the bathroom is?"
"I've only done this every time you think I might be pregnant. Even though you know I never am," I mumbled under my breath.
"Good there you are come into the lab with that," he motioned me to the room thre doors down from the bathroom as I went into the hall.
"This is disgusting," I said looking into the cup.
"Here are the strips put that in the sink and we'll get this done," he said showing me where the sink was.
"Can I do it?' I asked enthustiastically.
"Do you know how to do it?"
"Stick the strip in the speciment not past the blue stripe give it 60 seconds for it to tell me if I'm with child or not," I said smuggly.
"Nursing school make you this smug?" he lifted an eyebrow at me.
"Only as much as Medical School made you smug, " I winked at him.
"There you go one line answer, " he said pointing to the strip.
"Surprise, surprise it's negative," I rolled my eyes. I knew that it would be but a part of me wanted it to be positive. It was silly because I knew that it was impossible.
"So we're going to do some blood test and I'll prescribe something to make you feel a bit better," he took out his prescription pad as we walked back to the medical suite.
"Now next month when you come in for your annual we'll get you on birth control and I'll give you a referral to the specialist so you can talk to her about children. It's not impossible if you really want to have them someday. I know that you're not at that place yet but someday you wil and we might as well get you ready now," he explained.
"i've always wanted them," I bit my lip. Suddenly not having the option I realized that I had always wanted them. When it was an optiion that I thought could be possible in the future I never even thought of it.
"I have faith that you'll fix me when the day comes that I truly want children. Even if it means that I have to adopt I know you'll help me the dream become a reality," I hugged him and snatched the prescriptions from his hand.
"You've always loved the drugs," he laughed.
"I didn't start loving them until you starting prescribing them," I smiled at him and then winked before walking out the room.
"See you in a month," he told me before I opened the door out of the office. I smiled to myself it was good to know that the person that held the keys to making my dreams come true was also my friend.
Update:
I took another pee test recently and this one came out positive. Positive for blood and for protein. It wasn't a pregnancy test it was to see if I had a UTI. Like clock work of course my Dr. began freaking out and had me take a million test that I should have known would come out negative. The thing is sometimes when he gets going he gets me worried and I go along with him. I think it's wonderful that my doctor is a drama queen!

No comments:

Followers

A Lazy Afternoon....
Journalist Profile

Evone a.k.a velvet-sky
28th May 1989
Gemini
Singapore
underline bold italics


Archives

→ <$BlogArchiveName$>

Links

Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank.

Tag Me

Tag board code here. :)
Approx size of 190px

Layout Information

Designed & Illustration By: velvet-sky
Textures: sanami276
Brushes: 77words


<$BlogItemTitle$>
<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>, <$BlogItemDateTime$>

<$BlogItemBody$>