February 22
I had president's day off so I decided to use it wisely. I had plans of cleaning my house and going to the gym and catching up on things like writing my friends and all that such none sense. I even thought that I could get some arts and crafts in something along the lines of scrap booking or starting a painting.
First things first of course and after waking up I got in my gym clothes and caught the trolley to the gym. I got on the tread mill and set it up for an hour of running uphill the whole way. I put in my head set and began running in my target heart rate for as long as I could. Suddenly as I was listening to Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm I felt someone looking at me. I turned my head and there was Mike, the gym's personal trainer director. I took my head set off and smiled at him.
"Didn't mean to startle you," he said.
"It takes more then that to startle me. What's up?"
"Just wanted to say hi," he smiled at me. I smiled back but was suspicious. Mike had never talked to me before. I knew that he was interested in Megin my former personal trainer and friend.
"That's nice of you. You must be dying working here on the holiday knowing everyone that's coming in has the day off," I made idle chit chat.
"It's part of the job," he was looking at the monitor on the tredd mill.
"I'm keeping my target heart rate," I ackwnowledged.
"Obvious?"
"I'm a therapist it's my job to pay attention to the body language and read between the lines without the person realizing it unless I want them to," I gave him another smile. Did he know that I was telling him I knew he was only talking to me to pump information out of me?
"Any plans for the rest of the day?" he changed the subject,or had he?
"After the gym I have two small errands to run in the city and then I'm going back to University City," I took my water bottle.
"What are you doing in the city?"
"Buying a birthday present for a freind and I brought Megin's Christmas present with me. I've had it for several months and I need to give it to her before it's Easter," I decided to cut the chase.
"Where does she work again?"I thought that he didn't know.
"You know around Urban Outfitter and Ann Taylor," I smiled at hm innocently. I gave him a two block area. With all the stores and her odd schedule he would have a hard time finding her.
"You're doing good at keeping a pace to keep your target hear rate," he pointed at the monitor. He realized I wasn't giving him any information.
"Megin and Joe taught me well. If they hadn't I wouldn't lost all the weight I did!" I was always proud of talking about my weight loss.
"Yes Megin always told me about how great you were doing. I told her once that I thought you'd be great trophy wife material if you didn't fight it so much," I turned to look at him. I realized he thought he was paying me a compliment. Instead I was offended but I wasn't going to let him know or was I?
"So I'm going to try to keep this going. It was nice talking to you. I'll see you next time I'm in here," I put my headset back on and put the volume up higher. I turned to him and smiled and then looked towards the TV.
When I was done my excercise routine I ran down to the locker room and changed into my street clothes. I decided to be trophy wife material the rest of the day. The rest of my day began at Tiffany's where I bought the present and ended in Ann Taylor wehre I bought several pairs of strappy shoes. While at Arden B. I looked myself in the mirror and told myself I was too smart to let myself ever become anyone's trophy wife. The man who saw only that in me would never become my trophy husband!
Update:
So yeah I still don't want to be a trophy wife! What has changed has been my obsession with becoming a size 2. At the moment I fluctuate between a 4 and a 6 and I'm happy. I no longer walk around unhappy because I can't eat the foods I love. I pig out on home made ice cream every time Kevin makes it. I have a small pouch and instead of hating it I have come to terms with it. All the excercise in the world isn't going to change my body type into a body type I am not. I'm curvy that's who I am I've accepted it. I don't go to the gym as often as I used to either. What has brought this incredible change? Tampa did. By the time I got to Tampa I was going to the gym twice a day and doing mad exercises. Yes I lost tons of weight and I was almost at the coveted size 2 but I was miserable. Everytime I accidently forgot to eat one of my 6 meals my blood sugar would go crazy. I hated anyone that could eat real meals. Finally as great as my body was I was still rejected by a man. It's not your body I realized and I changed my attitude.
No comments:
Post a Comment