Friday, August 04, 2006

Taxicab Drivers

The heat has been excruciating lately. I usually walk or bike it everywhere when I'm traveling inside the city. The weather hasn't lent itself to that lately. Walking more then two blocks leaves a pool of sweat behind me. Having had someone lose the key to the lock on my bike I can't even bike it. So I've been catching taxis more then I usually do.
I don't like to catch taxis very often because I feel like I'm being lazy. The other reason I don't like taxis is the idiots that tend to drive them. I don't know what the deal is but the drivers tend to be morons. To prove my point I tell you these two stories.
I had a meeting a bit over a mile from my house. I usually walk there but because of the heat I was slow in getting prepared and refused to walk to the building. I was going to walk to the nearest street that I know taxi drivers frequent. Four blocks before I got to the street a taxi was stopping at the stop sign. I signaled to him and told him to drop me off at 40th and Chestnut as close to the Ronald McDonald House as possible. Simple instructions right? Any smart taxi driver would have known to leave me on the left side of Chestnut between 40th and 39th. He left me between 41st and 40th and on the right side. As he gives me my change he compliments my perfume and started asking me for locating information on me. I took my change and got out while slamming the door. What the hell?
Today I took the day off from work. It was one of those mental health day type deals. I decided to go do some grocery shopping. Again I decided to take a taxi back home. The guy started asking me if I was vacation how long I had taken off from vacation and all kinds of stuff that wasn't any of his business. Again left me at the corner of the street like his counterpart. This guy was giving me the creeps so I didn't say anything but hand him the fair. He owed me four dollars but only gave me two back. I always tip and I believe I usually over tip so this guy took me by surprise that he took his own tip out! What the hell is going on with taxi cab drivers lately?

No comments:

Followers

A Lazy Afternoon....
Journalist Profile

Evone a.k.a velvet-sky
28th May 1989
Gemini
Singapore
underline bold italics


Archives

→ <$BlogArchiveName$>

Links

Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank, Blank.

Tag Me

Tag board code here. :)
Approx size of 190px

Layout Information

Designed & Illustration By: velvet-sky
Textures: sanami276
Brushes: 77words


<$BlogItemTitle$>
<$BlogDateHeaderDate$>, <$BlogItemDateTime$>

<$BlogItemBody$>